From the 14th to 20th of November, it’s self care week.
But what does this mean and how can you get involved?
What does self care mean?
Living in a fast-paced society quite often means that we don’t give ourselves the care and attention we need.
However, it is important that we give ourselves the self-care we deserve in order to live well and be positive.
Self-care covers everything from knowing how to eat well to dealing with any health conditions.
The theme of this year’s self-care week is ‘understanding self care for life’ and it is organised by the Self Care Forum.
Its main aims are to make self-care a lifelong habit and to empower people to take care of their own health and wellbeing.
Ways you can get involved with this self care week…
• Be involved with the ‘make one change challenge’ where you make one change that will help you feel good about yourself and improve your wellbeing. This could be anything from walking 10 minutes more a day or quitting smoking for good. Encourage others to do the same.
• Tweet us @telmenow_UK and use the #selfcareweek and #selfcareforlife to share your tips on how you take care of yourself.
• Spread the words and share the Self Care Week resources with your friends, colleagues and family.
• Visit NHS choices to find more information on how manage your health and wellbeing such as ways to deal with stress and eating healthier.
• Take time out this week to relax whether it’s taking a long hot bath or reading your favourite novel.
Please comment below your top tips on how you take care of yourself. We will include your tips on our Twitter!